With our major release of Smartface App Studio 4.4, a new interface awaits you; along with many changes under the hood so that you don’t need to worry about the fast changing world of mobility.
And this is just the first step of a big change. Stay tuned for more as Smartface will change the way how cross-platform native development is done.
Below are the changes in this version with links to the Smartface API docs for iOS and Android:
- Material Design Support is implemented. It effects statusBar , actionBar , navigationBar UI Objects in terms of effects
- Parse Push Notification Plugin is implemented.
- Smartface IDE is updated with black theme.
- NavigationBar Translucency is implemented for iOS.
- Duration time is added as a parameter for Page Animations.
- VASCO Plugin is updated.
- KOBIL Plugin is updated.
- Design Editor speed is improved and optimized for better response time.
- Script Editor speed is improved.
- SES and Flurry support are deprecated.
- iOS Emulator is only available for individual license owners or above.
- Usage of statusBar is changed and enhanced for Pages.
- Timer object removed from the framework. If you have Timer object your project will crash, please remove Timer objects and change them with setTimeOut methods.
- Tİcker object is deprecated, it will be removed with 4.5.0 version.
- GCM Services for Android is updated.
You can view our release notes for full changes in this release and our roadmap for information about upcoming features. If you have any questions or if you need support, you can visit the developer center.
If you are not a Smartface developer yet, register and Download Smartface App Studio now.
If you are already registered, you can download the latest version from My Account page.
Happy coding with Smartface!